Disclaimer

The views expressed on this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

MOTOROKR E6 : file transfer


I am playing with a Motorola mobile phone (MOTOROKR E6) for last few days. Due to file transfer issue I was trying to connect this mobile phone with various operating systems. A "Motorola Phone Tools" cd was available with the phone which provides a software for windows operating system to interact with the phone. I installed the software in my windows system , connected my mobile through data cable , it was detected in my system. But when I tried to copy some files from my laptop to the phone , both systems (windows on my laptop & the phone) stopped responding. I tried it once more but same thing happened. But the phone is working fine in my Open Solaris 2008.05, linux (Fedora 7) and SXDE (Solaris Express Developer Edition 1/08) system. After connecting the phone through the cable , these systems mounted it automatically and opened all files and directories of my phone's memory card in a new window. Fedora detcted the phone as "MOTOROKR E2" (though I connected E6... anyway) , SXDE mounted it as "NO NAME" and Open Solaris 2008.05 mounted it as "AM". I didn't face any problem for these platforms to transfer files between the systems and the phone.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Friend,

    I am karthik from india.

    i using motorola E6 mobile phone.

    i purchase used mobile. so i not

    have pc suite cd. so please help me

    where i found the software? please

    write us to my mail id

    kkdavidbilla@gmail.com

    mynameisbilla@in.com

    thanks for your blogspot

    ReplyDelete