Disclaimer

The views expressed on this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Fedora update solved wireless issue

I am using Fedora 7 distribution in my system. I have a wireless router through which I want to connect my system to Internet. My installation dvd contains fedora of kernel version "2.6.21-1.3194.fc7". After correctly configuring my wireless network connection when I clicked the "activate" button I get an error message like:
Error for wireless request "Set Bit Rate" (8B20) :
SET failed on device wlan0 ; Operation not supported.
Anyway, I decide to update my system and applied "yum -y update". after update operation, I found that a new kernel version "2.6.23.15-80.fc7" has been installed. I didn't change any of my network settings after the update procedure, but now I can activate it without any problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment