Disclaimer

The views expressed on this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Add some skin to mplayer


Check out this post if you are not familier with mplayer.

When I installed mplayer in my solaris system using #pkg-get -i mplayer , the gmplayer from /opt/csw/bin already came with a skin. But it didn't happen in my linux system. So I decided to add skins manually.

1. download latest mplayer source from here , mine version was "MPlayer v1.0rc2 source".

2. apply './configure' , 'make' , 'make install' one by one.

3. download a skin from here , mine was Corelian 1.1.

4. extract files from the skin's tar / tar.gz / tar.bz2 file.

5. #cd /usr/local/share/mplayer/skins

6. #mkdir default

7. copy all files of 'Corelian' in the 'default' directory.

8. Then , I have tried to execute 'gmplayer' , but I get an error regarding 'True Type Font' not found.

9. I download a TTF and placed it somewhere.

10. launch gmplayer , right click on it , preferences --> font --> browse and give path of that TTF.

11. MPlayer automatically added in Applications --> Sound & Video --> MPlayer.

Mplayer is now ready... just play and enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment